1. When did you last stay in a hotel, and where?
Last week at the Asilomar down by Monterey. Putting the final touches on Kidling1’s destination wedding. I got to see my Beloved – the Sea.
2. Have you ever had any teeth pulled?
This is NOT a good subject for me. Yes. Four for braces when I was 14 and I’m convinced that procedure - for which I was conscious - is what caused my severe dentalphobia. I was traumatized by four perfectly fantastic teeth being pulled out of my head with Novocain. I lost one molar with my second pregnancy. Ugh. And then all five of my root canals failed when I was in my 40s and I had no choice but to have them extracted. I wear a dental plate now. That’s a lot of missing teeth and it’s horrid and I blame dental procedures of the 70’s on my childhood teeth. They drilled massively into molars and all of them cracked beneath the gum line and I’ve spent hours in the chair and thousands of dollars trying to correct that. To no avail.
Interesting punk rock/neopagan story about those first four teeth. I gave them to a boy. A beautiful boy who had SWANS tattooed across his shoulders. He swooned when I poured them into his palm and said, I cannot possibly accept this gift. I told him he could. He strung them on a necklace with a bunch of rabbit finger bones and wore it for as long as we knew one another. We parted. Years later, I woke from a dream. In the dream I was standing in a field of sunflowers with a very, very old woman. She asked me, “Are you missing something?” I said I didn’t think so. She held out her hand and opened her fist and there were my teeth! When I woke up I KNEW I needed them back. I called his mother and she gave me his number. I called and got his machine. This was before smartphones. I left a message. A week later I got a package in the mail – it was the necklace! And a lovely note that said he knew one day I would want them back.
I have a picture somewhere around here….let me look.
3. What is one of your favorite comedy movies?
The Wedding Singer.
4. Do you have a crush on anyone that you haven’t really talked to before?
5. What is your least favorite sour patch kids color?
Whatever yellow or pink are.
6. Have you ever won a competition? If so, what was it and what did you win?
Yes, many. I’m not competitive by nature but have found myself in competitive situations.
7. Did you ever take classes for a musical instrument when you were younger?
Didn’t we all take flute??
8. How often do you walk around barefoot?
Constantly. I don’t wear shoes at the house.
9. What architectural style was your childhood home?
Military brat. Moved every three years, and continued that into my adulthood. Been here for 18 years now and that’s a long time for me.
10. Who do you usually say hello or good morning first?
Thor and The Viking.
11. When was the last time you visited the park? Who did you go with?
A park? Hmmmm….
12. What language did you take in high school?
Spanish and French. But it was my adult immersion into ASL that captured my linguistic heart.
13. Have you ever been to a drive-in theater?
14. Have you ever been on vacation with someone other than your family?
Yep. I still miss the ABJD conferences! That was quite the vacay!
15. Do you think doctors should be able to prescribe vitamins?
This entry was originally posted at https://bleodswean.dreamwidth.org/377661.html. Please comment there using OpenID.